Saturday, March 29, 2014

Birchbox - March 2014

Now that it's nearly April, I'm trying to get caught up on everything I'm behind on - namely, posting my March subs!

Birchbox is normally one of the first to ship and arrive. This month, however, they seemed to have some issues. Mine shipped out super late and ended up getting here even later.

Now, each month, Birchbox updates their site with your box contents every month on the 10th. I try to avoid peeking, but often, I look anyway. This month, I looked at my box contents and was SO EXCITED...there were several items I was really excited about!

Then, my box finally arrived...and it was a completely different box. Ahhh.

Anyway! March's box has a theme of "Spring Forward", which I am so so ready to do. This has been the longest, coldest winter of all time and if I see one more snowflake, I will cry.

Here's what was in the box I actually received!



Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion - This is a light, fresh smelling lotion. It's not bad. I'd not spend the money on the full size, and I have lotion up to my ears, but the sample will be used. The brand and scent remind me of hotel lotion (and this brand is carried in some hotels), but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Not an exciting product, but not a terrible one.

Control Corrective Cucumber Bead Cleanser and Oil Free Healing Lotion - These are nice. The cleanser is gentle and the beads are soft...it smells like citrus and cucumber and really does leave my face soft and fresh. The lotion is also nice - not too heavy. It doesn't have a strong scent. I have already used these up! They are nice, but don't beat out my favorite skincare products.

Obliphica Professional Intensive Hair Serum - I have hair oils and serums coming out of my ears. However, they are something I use every day and I'm always happy to try a new one. This one smells amazing (kind of like cotton candy) and it really does leave my hair sleek and shiny. I actually prefer it to the Redken and Moroccanoil that I am currently working through. I don't know that I'd buy it full price, but I am happy to use up the sample.

Air Repair Rescue Balm - This is a multi purpose balm that can be used on skin or lips. I'm not crazy about it. It feels heavy and greasy, and the results are no better than a typical balm. I will use it on my cuticles, but there is no way I would buy this.

Inika Eyeliner in Green Lagoon - This is an organic mineral eyeliner pencil in a really pretty shimmery green. I like it, it is springy, creamy, and gorgeous. I have liners for days, but this one will be used up. I like the mineral ingredients! This is definitely my favorite item in this month's box.

Overall, I don't dislike this month's box, but I am not excited about it the way I was the box that was listed on my account. Products are fine, but just a little lackluster. I'm sure most of that is because I had my heart set on the other box, and if this had been my original box, I would have been happy with it!

As always, if you haven't tried out Birchbox yet, feel free to sign up using my referral link.

What was in your box this month?

No comments: