Saturday, February 15, 2014

Popsugar Must-Have - February 2014

I love February. Despite the horrible weather, the snow, and the fact that I'm always crying for spring by the time it rolls around, there's one reason I love it - Valentine's Day! And Valentine's Day means an overabundance of CHOCOLATE EVERYWHERE, and pink sparkly things, and chocolate, and pretty flowers, and did I mention chocolate?

So needless to say, I was excited to start getting my subs this month! Surprisingly, Popsugar was the first one to roll in. I always love getting my Popsugar box. As much as I love my beauty subs, it's fun to get a variety of things, too, and Popsugar always sends things I enjoy.

Here's what I got for February!

The February box promises products to help you treat yourself well while getting ready for spring, as well as an item or two for a sweet Valentine's Day. Sounds good to me! 

Sugarwish Mini Red Cinnamon Hearts - These are little red hots shaped like hearts! They are super cute for Valentine's Day. I am not huge on cinnamon candies, actually...I will be melting these into hot chocolate and/or cider or sharing them at work. I did try a few and they are not too hot, and they are very crunchy. The hearts are cute, but some look more like blobs than hearts...no big deal, though.  The little box is adorable and would be great for storing earrings or other small items. They also come with a discount code for Sugarwish - a site that allows you to send someone a candy gift. Basically, you purchase the box, and then they are invited to pick four candies they'd like to receive, and it comes in a cute box. The service itself sounds really fun, but it is super pricey...$25 for a pound of candy! I won't be using the discount code. Today, I spent less than $25 and got a ton of discounted Valentine chocolate at CVS! But, it was still a cute touch.

Dial Vitamin Boost Body Wash - This is a "special extra" in this box. It's a new body wash that is infused with lotion and promises to bring moisture to the skin. It smells so good, super sweet and fruity! Dial is not exactly a luxury brand or a "must-have", but this smells good and I will absolutely use it. I know some ladies were upset with this inclusion, and felt that it cheapened the box. I don't think that is true at all, since it is an extra. I use plenty of drugstore items and I can always use body wash...so I say, bring on the special extras!

K Hall Designs Peony Travel Candle - This is a fresh floral scented candle in a cute little tin, made of vegetable wax. I don't normally care too much for most floral scents, but this really does smell nice in the tin. Unfortunately, I have found that it doesn't have much of a scent while burning. It may be that I've been spoiled by my Slatkin candles! At any rate, it's still cute and smells like spring.

NCLA Nail Polish in Rodeo Drive Royalty - This is a quick dry, chip resistant polish in a pretty dark red/burgundy kind of color. I like NCLA polishes, and this color is pretty, though I have a couple of similar shades! A nice color for Valentine's Day, for sure. It will definitely be tried and worn!

Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum - This is a blend of argan, apricot, and rosehip oils that promises to hydrate and soften skin. This is a bit heavy to call a serum, and I would not wear it under a moisturizer if you have oily skin. But for winter dryness, it's great! The last few nights, I've been wearing it to bed under my night cream and I've been waking up to super soft skin. It smells fruity/citrusy and I like the ingredients. This is probably my favorite item in the box!

I lost my picture of the ModelCo Lip Pops Duo, but it is a full sized double ended lipstick and gloss duo. The lipstick is in Dusk, a pinky browny nude (which is not very flattering on me) and the lipgloss is Striptease, which is a shimmery pinky shade with some sparkle. It smells like strawberry and the gloss is not sticky! The colors aren't marked on it, and I was sad when I realized it was the same colors I received in another box a while back...I wouldn't have tried it on if I'd known I already have the same shades (in a different format). I gave this to a friend who didn't mind that I'd already tried it on, as I don't wear the first one much because browny colors don't look good on me. But, it is a nice product if the color suits you!



Gorjana Brooks Jewelry Roll - This is a poppy colored jewelry pouch with three zipper compartments to organize necklaces, rings, and other jewelry and keep them from getting tangled together when traveling! This could have been a really great item, however many of us received defective items, with missing/loose stitching and/or non-working zippers. Popsugar is currently working out how they are going to make up for the defects, since there are too many to replace. In the meantime, I'm using it to store necklaces that won't fit on my jewelry stands.

Overall, this isn't my favorite Popsugar box, but it wasn't a total disappointment for me, either. I wish it had a bit more of a Valentine feel to it - maybe some chocolate and a cute necklace, or even a cheesy romance novel. But, everything but the lip duo will be used and overall I am satisfied. 

What do you think of this month's box?

If you haven't tried the Popsugar Must-Have box yet, feel free to sign up using my referral link!

No comments: