Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Birchbox - February 2014

Man, I'm behind on everything this month! I blame it on the cold.

Anyway, Birchbox teamed up with US Weekly to curate February's boxes. They went with a theme of "Step and Repeat" in honor of awards season and the tricks behind red carpet looks. I usually like collaboration boxes, so I was excited to see what I was getting!

The outer mailer was different this month - red with US Weekly and Birchbox logos on it. The inner box was the same!


I received 5 items this month - 4 beauty items and a lifestyle extra.

Ahmad Tea London teas - This is my lifestyle extra. I was actually super happy to get tea! I am a tea fanatic and whenever subs send out tea, they NEVER send it to me! These teas are all delicious. I took them to work for a mid-day pick me up, and the Lemon Vitality is especially great for that! I can attest that they taste great both hot and iced!

Ayres Bar Soap n Patagonia - This is a natural soap with jasmine, lavender, ylang-ylang, and fir. I do use bar soap occasionally, however, when I do, I generally go with Lush or handmade soaps from indie sellers. That said, I don't mind trying another one. I don't care much for the scent of this. It is a fresh scent, but kind of masculine and just not my style. It does have a pretty rich lather. I think I'll finish it up, but I won't buy the soap - for the price I can go to Lush and get one of my favorites!

Juicy Couture Couture La La Malibu perfume - This is a scent with notes of mandarin and pink sugar. It's official - Birchbox is determined that I need Juicy in my life. They have sent me every single Juicy Couture scent they have sent out to date. They aren't bad, but they aren't my favorite. This one is okay! It is nice and summery. I was hoping it would be lots of sweet citrus, but instead it is more floral. Regardless, it smells nice and I'll wear it!

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil - This is a hair oil that protects from damage, UV rays, and heat. It smells just like the Beauty Protector spray - basically, AMAZING. I use hair oil every day, but I am generally not excited to get them, just because my current stash is pretty big! That said, this is a really nice one. It is not heavy at all and it leaves my hair nice and smooth and silky...and the scent is incredible. I might rebuy this one once my other oils are used up!

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Liquid Liner in black - This is a smudgeproof liquid liner. Now, I have a ton of liners and getting a black one is not generally terribly exciting for me. However, I have not tried any of Cynthia Rowley's products yet, and I am really excited to do so! It seems to be easy to work with and it's a full size. Not bad at all!

Overall, I am happy with my Birchbox this month! I like everything except for the soap, and the rest will be used happily (and the soap will be used in one way or another!) I love that I always receive something new to me from Birchbox. 

What was in your box this month?

No comments: