Friday, January 10, 2014

Birchbox - January 2014

2014 has not been off to the best start so far! Winter in the midwest is never fun, but this year...just wow. We're still buried under a couple of feet of snow, and this is the first day some of the roads have been passable. I've been walking to and from work (and nearly dying in the process) because our car is buried in a snow mountain. NOT FUN.

I've really needed a boost! So I was super surprised and happy when my Birchbox showed up today!

It was a heavy one! The theme this month is "Go Time", and they talk about taking on more and inspiration! Sounds good to me. Here's what I got this month!

Harvey Prince Journey - This is an intriguing scent with notes of Indian Tuberose, Japanese Orange Flower, and Freesia. I had mixed feelings about this at first. Harvey Prince is my favorite brand of perfume, and I love the sample size. It is quite floral, though, and that isn't usually my thing. I could really smell the freesia. After a minute, though, I decided I liked it, and now I kind of love it.  It's a very sweet floral, but not overly strong. I'm finding it addictive! It still doesn't take the place of my favorite Harvey Prince scents (Hello, Eau Fling, and Skinny Chic), but it's nice and I'm really glad to try it! It's a nice change of pace for me, which is great for January.


Serge Normant Dry Conditioner - This is a mist that adds shine to the ends of your hair. It's intended to go along with dry shampoo - you would use the shampoo on the roots to absorb oil and this conditioner on the ends to add moisture and shine! I actually tried the dry shampoo by this brand before and I wasn't a fan of it. This conditioner has the same musky scent as the shampoo, but sounds like it will meet my hair's needs better than the shampoo did! It's a brand new product to me. I will save this to try on a blah, no wash hair day.

Nail Rock Velvet in Navy - This is a two step textured nail system. There are a couple of different textures available...the one i received is Velvet, which offers a matte velvet finish. You paint your nailes the navy shade, then dip them in the "velvet dust". I really like textured nails and this is definitely a new and unique one for me! The navy color is pretty and different than anything I currently own. Pretty excited to try this!

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion - This is this month's "Birchbox Find"...a mass market goodie they wanted to share. It's a hydrating moisturizer with clary sage to keep your skin nice and moist in the winter dryness. I love the brand and I'm always happy to get a pot of moisturizer so I can always have one stashed in my bag, nightstand, locker at work, etc.

Inika Mineral Eyeshadow in Eternal Marine - This is a loose mineral shadow in a beautiful silvery grey blue! It's so pretty. Below, it is swatched on bare skin with a finger.


Overall, I'm really happy with this box! I love the variety of items and the sizes are fantastic this month! Well done, BB!

What was in your box this month?



No comments: