Monday, December 30, 2013

FabFitFun - Winter 2013

The Winter 2013 box is FabFitFun's 4th box. The VIP box is a quarterly subscription that costs $49.99 a quarter. It is curated by Giuliana Rancic and contains a mix of beauty, fashion, food, and fitness products.

I have been around since the first box. They have had issues with shipping, billing, etc (which seem to be improving with each box) but the contents and value are always great! In fact, this box consistently has the best value of any of my subs!

The winter box has a retail value of $271 (including cards) and this is definitely my favorite box from them so far.

They had some sort of glitch and my box didn't get shipped out when most of the others did. I finally contacted them. They were very apologetic and sent my box out priority mail, and also gave me a $10 discount off of the spring box. I received it 2 days later! I'm happy with their customer service.

I love the info card they use - it's large and easy to red and explains why each item was chosen. The winter box has 8 physical items, a gift card, and a "bonus" discount/freebie!

Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream - This is an eye cream that battles wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness! It has peptides and Vitamin K, as well as other unique ingredients. I love this brand, but it is pricey so I am super happy to receive this eye cream! This alone retails for $45. I tried it this morning and it feels really nice. I'm excited to see how it performs!

Nyx Love in Florence eyeshadow palette - This is a five shade palette from Nyx. They sent out several variations of this...I got pretty pinks, grey, and taupe. The shades are really pretty and I do like the Nyx brand, so I am happy with this! They consider this and one other product to be "bonus" items because they are drugstore finds. I use drugstore products all the time, so no problem here! This retails for $8.

TruEnergy Inspired Earbuds - These are cute earbuds with a built in SoundShare splitter, so you can listen with a friend! They have decent sound quality, enhanced bass, and noise reduction, as well. They sent out 3 different color varieties. Admittedly, I was hoping for something besides the orange and yellow I received, but they are still cute and really sound pretty decent! I'm happy to have these to keep in my bag. These retail for $39.99.

Beauty For Real Lip Gloss - This is a plumping lipgloss with a built in mirror and light - cool! I received Don't Stop Red, a pretty sparkly red color. It has a nice minty feel and scent and I really love the built in light and mirror. It isn't too sticky, and the red is pretty but can be applied sheerly. This retails for $22.

The light is in the base of the cap, so you can see while applying. Cool!

Simple Foaming Facial Cleanser - This is the other "bonus" drugstore item...a foaming face wash with chamomile. I love this brand, and am really happy to try this cleanser. I still haven't opened my cleanser from the fall box, because I'm trying to use up all my open bottles before I open a new one! So this is being added to my stash. This retails for $7.49.

Lorna Jane bracelet - This is a symbol of sisterhood and a daily reminder to "move, nourish, and believe". It's stretchy and pink and I actually think it's pretty cute. It's great for me to wear to work because I can get it wet without worries. It retails for $29.99.

Bioxidea Miracle 24 - I have removed the image of this mask because I have been repeatedly harrassed by the company because it is an "outdated image", despite the fact that this review is a year old and it is an image that I took myself of a product I received. As such, I do not recommend this brand to anyone. It was nothing special anyway.
The Giving Keys Never Ending Necklace - Ahhh, how cute is this? It's a necklace made from repurposed keys. Each one is engraved with a word/message and is unique. The idea is that you wear the necklace until you meet someone who needs that necklace's message more than you at the time, and then give it to them. The company employs those who are transitioning out of homelessness. All in all, just a great company and concept.

I received a silver key with the word "strength". I love it!

We also received a $20 credit to meUndies. This is a true credit, not a discount code masquerading as a gift card! It can be spent on anything and no additional purchase is necessary. For this $20, you can get a pair of undies or 2 pair of socks. I used it to order some socks.

And finally, 5 free Physique 57 classes. These are online classes that combine cardio, strength training, and stretching.  I can definitely use these!

Overall, I am super impressed with this box. I love that everything is well suited for me and I will use and love it all. I am so impressed with the value they manage to put into their boxes. I am definitely sticking around to see what spring brings!

Have you tried out FabFitFun yet?

No comments: