Thursday, November 14, 2013

Popsugar Must Have - November 2013

I may be one of the few people who loves November. It follows on the tail of my favorite month (October), fall things are still in abundance, and it is cold enough for scarves and silly hats, but it's not yet the miserable dead of winter. As the holidays near, things get festive and cuddly, and it's just all-around a good month for me. So naturally, I was really interested to see what Novembery delights would show up in my sub boxes!

My Popsugar box showed up on my doorstep a few days ago, and I was super excited to rip into it!

I really love Popsugar's boxes...they always feel like opening a gift. They always have a cute little pamphlet that explains why each item is a "Must Have". This month's pamphlet promises items to brighten the Thanksgiving season with practical and swoon-worthy pieces. Sounds good to me! Here's what was inside.

 Barefruit Crunchy Sea Salt Caramel Apple Chips - These are considered a "special extra" this month. They are a guilt-free snack made from 100% real fruit and no nasty ingredients. I have had the plain version of these chips a few times and they are nice - very crunchy and simple. This flavor was decent - I found that some  chips didn't have the caramel flavor, but all were nice. These would be a great healthy alternative to a sweet treat.

Land's End Single Canvas Wine Tote - This is a canvas tote meant to carry wine...kind of a safer and more classy alternative to a paper bag. This tote does feel nice and sturdy! The only thing is...I don't ever have occasion to take wine anywhere. I don't go to many dinner parties, and when I do, it's not with wine drinkers. This would be a good hostess gift with a bottle stuck in it. However, I found an alternative use - I am currently using it to store my flat iron! It's the perfect size for that, and the handle lets me hang it over an arm of my floor lamp by my makeshift vanity. Soon, I plan to hang a hook to hold it, but in the meantime, this works! So, something that was not really exciting for me is now quite useful.



Illume Candle in Naughty - This is a cute candle in a spicy woody scent. It actually smells a lot like a really nice men's cologne...which would not usually be my kind of thing, but I absolutely love this scent. And naughty is a great name for a scent that smells like a sexy man! It's nice to have a break from my usual sweet scents. The jar is so cute, I'll definitely be reusing it, too.

Maison de Monaco Strawberry & Black Currant Cream Preserves - These are hand cooked preserves made from 70 percent fruit! They are special because they are cooked with black currant cream liqueur to give them a unique flavor. I don't eat a ton of preserves, but these sound amazing, and I think I'll try them on my toast tomorrow. 

The Soap & Paper Factory Roland Pine Shea Butter Soap - This is a rich soap with shea butter. It has a nice pine scent and promises to make you feel like you just stepped into a forest. I haven't used this soap yet...I can't bring myself to unwrap the super cute packaging! But it smells nice and I think it will be really nice and relaxing for the holiday season. As with the candle, I generally go for sweet and/or fruity scents, so this will be a refreshing change.

Absolute! Nail Polish Remover Pads in Lemon - These are acetone-free, oil based nail polish remover pads. They smell so good! I love these oil based removers...they leave my nails looking and feeling so good. They do take a bit more time than acetone removers do, but in my opinion, it is worth it.

Michael Stars Folk Art Wrap - This is the big ticket item this month...it is a huge wrap that can be worn as a scarf or a shawl! The black and gray print is cute and versatile, and the size is just great. It feels nice and soft, and it is cozy, but not too thick - it will be great for a variety of climates. I absolutely love it and look forward to wearing it.

Also included, but not pictured, was a $30 discount to CanvasPop. It called itself a gift card, but it is not, it's just a discount...which I will likely use, but I do hate when companies call a coupon a gift card!

Overall, I am super excited about this month's box. I love everything, and it is a collection of items just perfect for the fall/winter transition. I continue to be happy with Popsugar...I love the combination of home, beauty, fashion, and food items.

If you haven't tried Popsugar yet, feel free to sign up using my referral link!

What do you think of this month's box? What are your favorite November goodies?








No comments: