Friday, November 15, 2013

Ipsy - November 2013

My Ipsy bag showed up without any tracking info this month. I always love it when that happens - it's so much less stressful than watching and questioning DHL's incredibly show shipping process. Seeing the pink envelope in the mailbox was an exciting surprise!

November's theme was "Glam It Up". I normally go for more edgy looks than glam, but I was excited, nonetheless! Ever better, this month was a 6 item month!

The bag this month is a cute gold snake wristlet. It's not my general style, but it is a nice change. Adorable.

Starlooks Gem Liner in Amethyst - I really love these gem liners...they're so pretty and soft and shiny. This one is a nice light purple, and it looked great with my eyes. Super happy to have this!

em cosmetics lash gallery dramatic volume mascara in black - When I learned we'd be getting an em item (one of several), I was really hoping to get to try the pretty waterliners. Instead, I got this mascara. I am up to my ears in mascaras right now, so I have no idea when or if I'll use this. I have gotten mascara from Ipsy 3 of the last 4 months, so I really hope for a break after this!

Be a Bombshell lip crayon in Shameless - This is a pretty berry shade. I am so glad I got this one instead of the bright reds I usually get from them! It lasted a few hours on me without needing reapplication, and the shade is really flattering. I think I'll be wearing this a lot over the next couple of months!

pixi bronzer in Subtly Sunkissed - This is not nearly as dark as it looks in photos. In fact, it is the first bronzer I've ever been able to use with my pale rosy complexion without looking dirty! It's nice and subtle. I was really bummed when I heard we were getting a bronzer, but I ended up loving it!

nailtini in Champagne - This is a shimmery nudey champagne color. I don't have anything with it, so I'm happy to have it! The formula and brush are really nice on this one.

BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette Sample in Sun - This is a gorgeous baked eyeshadow from the Galaxy Chic palette. It goes on as a gold with a bit of red - super pretty. The quality is amazing. I'm going to have to pick up this palette!


Here are the color items swatched. First is the eyeshadow, then the gem liner, the lip crayon, and finally, the bronzer (which is hard to see, but it's nice and subtle!) Gorgeous colors this month.


Overall, I think this is a really great bag! I love that I got a variety of products, and all of the colors are gorgeous! My one disappointment is that I got another mascara, but that's hardly a deal breaker, since there are 6 items. I'm happy with Ipsy after a lackluster month last month.

What was in your bag this month?

If you haven't signed up for Ipsy yet, feel free to do so using my referral link!

No comments: