Friday, November 15, 2013

Blush Mystery Beauty Box - November 2013

Well, I will start this off by saying that I cancelled my Blush subscription for a while. It's not a quality thing, as I have really liked all the boxes I have received! However, I am quickly amassing more products that I can use, and as this one sends out full sized or large samples in bigger quantities, they're starting to pile up! I'll probably come crawling back after I use up some of my stash!

I got the November box pretty early this month. Here's what was inside!

Now that I've gotten several of these little fabric bags, I have found them great for keeping shoes/sandals/flats together! I put my summery shoes in them so I won't have to dig for the mates when I'm ready to use them again!

These were my bonus extras this month...a lotion and NeoStrata serum! I already used the lotion, and it was okay but nothing special. I am a big fan of serums, so this one was added to my stash! I really love that Blush sends out a couple of random extras every month - everyone gets different ones, and it's fun to see what you get.

Paula's Choice Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum - This is a serum for oily or combination skin, which I have. In fact, I had sampled this particular line of Paula's Choice products, and I fell absolutely in love with the products! I have full intentions of using up the full sized products I have now, trying to make a dent in my samples, and the next time I purchase skincare, it will be Paula's Choice. My skin never looked better than it did the couple of weeks I was using the samples!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Hydrafull Gloss in Sorbet - This is a cute, tiny little lipgloss in a bright pink shade. It's supposed to hydrate and plump! I haven't used it yet, but the tiny sample is perfect for me, as I like to keep one in my bag.

Cargo High Pigment Pencil in Brown - This is a creamy chocolate brown pencil. I get bored with black, and I have brights, so a brown is welcome! I have several Cargo products and love them. This is creamy and pigmented, and I haven't worn it all day to test its longevity, but it's a really nice liner.

Nick Chavez Horsetail Root Lifting Spray - This adds volume, shine, and oomph to hair. I have fairly thick hair, but as it's cut into an angled bob, I can always use more volume and shine! I haven't tried it yet, but I am excited to do so.

Pur-lisse Pur Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer - This is a moisturizer with spf. I have tried a sample of it before, and it's nice! I'll probably save it for spring, as I have several sample sized sunscreens to go through, but it will be used, for sure.

SmartFx Smartlash Eyelash Enhancer  - This is an eyelash enhancing serum. I love products like this, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works on my less than  impressive lashes. 

Elizabeth Arden Maximum Volume Mascara in black - A basic black volumizing mascara. I have to admit I am burned out on receiving mascaras...I currently have a giant stash I'll never get through. What's more is that most people found this one to be dried out when they received it. I haven't opened it, but if it is, I will not request a replacement...I have plenty to use already.

Overall, I think this is a nice box with a good value. There's nothing in there that I am super ridiculously excited about, but they're all good quality products that will be used.

Here is a swatch of the lip gloss and pencil. Both are nice and smooth!

Overall, I'm not regretting cancelling Blush at this point. Great value, but I really need to use up some of what I have. Have you tried Blush yet? What do you think of it?



No comments: