Sunday, November 24, 2013

Birchbox - November 2013

I am so indecisive. Especially with my subs...I'll obsess over one for a while, then find myself getting jaded and cancel...only to sign back up a few months later. Birchbox and I have gone through this cycle probably four times now! We just spent several months apart...but again, fter a hiatus, I found myself missing Birchbox and saving up points for a splurge...so, I decided to sign back up mid-month. I am an addict.

I received my November box without a shipping notification or anything. It was a nice surprise!

It's still fun to receive these cute little boxes.

This month's box came with a little holiday guide as well as the usual product card. Cute!

November's theme is "More Good". It's reflecting the season's general themes of abundance, and mentions more thanks, more giving, more thoughtfulness, and more goodies. Sounds good to me!

Birchbox Find: Ghirardelli Toffee Crunch Bar - This is a "Birchbox Find", which is what they call a mass-market product they love, usually a new product, which we get as an added bonus. I love things like this! This month, I got this chocolate bar - it's filled with a creamy chocolate filling and toffee bits...and it was totally amazing. Chocolate is always welcome in my boxes!

Atelier Vanilla Insensee Cologne Absolue - This is a fragrance sample...it's a blend of vanilla, jasmine, and lime. It smells really great - a warm, grown up vanilla scent. I have tried a couple other Atelier scents and they are great...and I love that the little sample vials come with a corresponding postcard. I mixed a bit of this one with my Orange Sanguine sample, also by Atelier...AMAZING. I smelled like a creamsicle. I think I need to get my hands on both of these fragrances...

derma e Soothing Skincare Collection - This is a cleanser, serum, and moisturizer sample that promises to calm sensitive skin and fight signs of aging. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good and the ingredients are good! I love that it came with all three steps.

Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Opal - This is a pretty lipgloss with a high shine finish. It is a great peachy nude color! I haven't opened it yet but it's a great size and looks like it will be a perfect everyday shade. 

Color Club in Baldwin Blues - This is a super pretty blue creme. I love blue polishes, but I'm not crazy about Color Club's formula. I do like the collection of these minis I've gotten from Birchbox over the years, however. This color is right up my alley and I'm super excited to wear it this winter.

Aloxxi ColourCare Leave-In Conditioner - This is a detangled that protects color and leaves hair smooth and shiny. This is a total win for me. I usually hate getting hair products from subs - I don't use hairspray, gel, or mousse, or anything with hold. But I do love leave-in conditioners. This one is really great! It isn't too heavy and leaves my hair feeling really nice. This is the star of the box for me!

Overall, I think this box was a really great welcome back to Birchbox! Not only did I get 6 items, but every single one is something I will use and enjoy. Keep it up this time, Birchbox!

If you haven't tried Birchbox yet, feel free to sign up using my referral link.

What was in your box this month?


No comments: