Monday, November 18, 2013

Beauty Box 5 - November 2013

 Beauty Box 5 is another monthly beauty subscription. They provide around 5 full or deluxe sized products each month for $12. They are unique in that they offer a mix of well known drugstore brands, higher end brands, and lesser known specialty-type brands. As I am a person who uses products at all different price points, I appreciate this!

November's Beauty Box 5 had a theme of "prep, primp, sparkle" and it's all about preparing for what the night brings and adding a bit of sparkle!  It's a great theme for this time of year...and I always welcome some sparkle. I am always impressed with this box's fast shipping, it always shows up on my doorstep before I'm expecting it!

This month brought five products, most of which are full sized!

Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant - I actually used to use the original version of this and it's great! Even on my hardest work days, it keeps me dry and fresh. I only stopped using it because the formula (it was the really soft kind that dispenses through little slots) was too messy for me. I am SO excited to see that it now comes in a solid stick! It still works just as well but goes on clean. This will definitely be seeing use!

 
Aveeno Positively Nourishing Calming Body Wash - This is a really nice body wash. It doesn't dry out my skin and it smells like lavender! I love this for a post-work shower. I get off at 10 p.m., so anything that can get me ready for sleep is a great thing. I am always a fan of Aveeno's products and this body wash is no different.

Montagne jeunesse Glacial Cooling Face Mask - This is a mud mask in sheet mask form (which is really cool!) It cleans and tightens pores. It smells fruity and feels cool and refreshing. I love the sheet mask format, and this is the first time I've ever seen a mud mask in a sheet form! It left my skin looking and feeling smooth and radiant. As an added bonus, you look super creepy while wearing it!

Scary, right? Perfect for disturbing men and children of all ages.


Body Drench Lip Drench in Coconut Lime - This is a moisturizing lip balm. I go through lip balm like water in the winter, so I'm always happy to get another. I haven't opened this yet as I have many open already, but it sounds promising! I don't usually care for coconut lime scents, but I'll certainly try this out anyway!

Bellapierre Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Champagne - This is a shimmery mineral shadow! I received the shade "champagne" which is great - It will also be wonderful used as a highlighter! It is nice and soft and shimmery without glitter chunks. I foresee myself using this often.

It's nice and subtle and blendable. 

I really like everything I received this month! I like that BB5 sends out a mix of common readily available products and lesser known specialty brands! I also think the sizes sent out are great. I will definitely be buying more of the masks!

What do you think of this box? What items are you loving for December?

Disclaimer: I am a member of the BB5 review team, so I receive complimentary boxes to review. I am not compensated for my opinion and all thoughts are my own.

No comments: