Monday, October 21, 2013

Popsugar Must Have box - October 2013

I have lusted over Popsugar Must Have since it launched, over a year ago. Every month, I thought "I need to sign up" and then every month there was a waiting list and I didn't bother, or I was broke...I finally took the plunge and subbed. October was my first box!

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Popsugar donated $1 for every box sold. They also teamed up with brands and products that support breast cancer charities while curating the contents! I was really excited to learn this, as it is an important cause for me. My box showed up and I've had a chance to go through everything!

The shipping was fairly slow, but the vast majority of subs are, so I won't hold that against PS.

I love boxes that feel like opening a present! Everything was well packed, and nothing was damaged or broken or missing!

I was really happy to see lots of pink in the box!

This is the Gorjana Charity Bali Bead Bracelet. This bracelet is special because, if you buy it, 100 percent of the proceeds go to a breast cancer centric charity. I think it's cute, simple, and delicate and I will wear it often.

Julep Duo - This is one polish and one top coat! The polish I got is a pretty blue - I think it's called Millie? And I have nothing like it. I've also never tried the top coat, so I'm happy to do so. I only have one Julep polish, so this was a nice inclusion for me.

These are Jane Tran Bobby Pins, and they are perfect. I love the pretty sparkly colors, and they hold hair wonderfully. I love cute hair pins...as I cut my hair short a few months ago, I use them often. These are one of my favorite items in the box!

This is The Wet Brush. I didn't think much of this when I heard people talk about it, but I tried it and I'm sold! It really does glide through wet hair and demolish tangles without pulling or tugging. I always have to brush my hair while wet, so this is really exciting for me! The company is also making a donation to breast cancer for every brush they put in a box this month~

These are a smokey eye palette and a brown liquid liner by Nyx. Nyx is a brand I don't have much from - it isn't sold anywhere near me, and it's not one I care to buy online until I've tried more, so I am okay with getting this in my box, even though it's an inexpensive brand. I actually don't have a brown liquid liner, so that will definitely be used! The palette will be put aside for a gift, as I have many similar shades and too many shadows right now, anyway.

This is a Halloween Crispycake by the Crispery! It is basically a giant rice crispy treat...but it is the best one I've ever had! It is super gooey and marshmallowy, with no weird flavor like many prepackaged ones have! I am craving another one of these, and I'm not normally a huge fan of these kinds of things.

This is The Can't Cook Book by Jessica Seinfeld, and it is a really cute and super thorough cookbook designed to be easy for beginners while still providing recipes that are yummy enough for non beginners, too. I am an okay cook, but I don't do it often, so I am really happy to have this. I love the pictures and layout, as well as the little extras like conversion charts and etc.


And finally, a gift card to Stitch Fix, which is a styling service! Stitch Fix actually doesn't carry my size, so I am unable to use this, but I passed it along to someone else. It does sound like a fun service!

Overall, I am super happy with my first Must Have box...I will use almost everything, and the shadow will make a great gift. I'm definitely glad to have finally taken the plunge!

What did you think of this month's box?

No comments: