Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ipsy - December

December marks Ipsy's 1 year anniversary, and they celebrated it by sending out a really great bag! I received it early this month.

They also did something new this month, and included a bonus sample for some subscribers who they see as trusted influencers. I did receive this bonus item in my bag! What else did I get in my "Haute Holiday" bag this month?


First, this is probably my favorite actual bag Ipsy has sent out yet. I love the shape and the shine, and it's already made its way into my bag!

The first item is Mai Couture Highlighter Papier. These are really cool! They look like blotting papers, but one side has a pretty rosy highlighter with a golden shimmer. They're nice and subtle and can be used on both the face and body. This is a half-size sample of 25 sheets, and I've already added it to my makeup bag.

The second item pictured is a travel sized Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the color Zero. This is a nice, smooth black. I am really impressed with the texture of this liner and its staying power, which I found far better than most pencil liners I've tried.

The third item is a Loose Pearl Eyeshadow by NYX. This is a shimmery loose pigment that can be used on the eyes, cheeks, or lips. They sent out 10 different colors this month, the one I received is Pearl...a pale pearly pink. Love it!

The fourth item is the "trusted influencer" bonus item! It is Urban Decay's Naked Skin Beauty Balm. This is UD's answer to the current BB cream craze, and it promises anti-aging benefits as well as pore-minimizing and skin-tone evening.  This is different from most because it actually doesn't provide coverage, instead it has a light diffusing effect to even out skin's appearance. The claims are interesting, though after one use I have to say I prefer my usual BB cream.

The fifth item pictured is Mirabella Prime for Face and Eyes. This is a silicone based primer meant for both the face and the eyes. It is oil free and moisturizing while providing anti-oxidants. This is a full sized primer.

The final item is Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess. This is a sheer true red gloss, and it is super pretty! It looks intimidating in the tube, but it is sheer and buildable and is very wearable, even on my pale skin. This is also a full sized item!

In all, this is a really impressive bag for me, and it's definitely worth more than the $10 I paid for it! Ipsy has really stepped it up in the last months and I'm excited to see what's to come from them.



No comments: