Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Influenster Spring Beauty VoxBox!

So, a few months ago, I noticed girls getting these awesome boxes from a company called Influenster, so I signed up. Influenster is a really cool program - basically, you first unlock certain badges related to your demographics and lifestyle. Then, periodically throughout the year, they offer boxes called VoxBoxes to people who fit a certain profile. The boxes can contain many types of items, and the boxes are always 100 percent free. Once you get your VoxBox, they just want you to spread the word about the items, good or bad. This is my very first VoxBox, and I am really excited about it!

The box is big! I'm used to the smaller Birchbox-type boxes, so I have to admit that it was exciting to get this in the mail. It shipped via USPS and took less than a week to get here after they let us know they were shipping them.

When I opened it, I saw first a card listing the contents of the box. Underneath that are lots of packing peanuts. The products were very well cushioned.

The first thing I pulled out were these Dr. Scholls For Her Ball of Foot cushions.  I work a job where I'm on my feet all day, so I really appreciate items like this. At first glance, it looks like these are specifically for high heels, but they can actually be used in any shoe. I don't wear heels, but I do have a pair of cute shoes I rarely wear because there is no cushioning under the ball of my foot, so I can't wait to stick these in there and see if they help! These are a bonus in the box, so they aren't listed on the card, but I found that they retail at CVS for $7.49.

The next thing I pulled out was this little box of Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips. I received these in "Kitty Kitty", which is a cute leopard print. I love the look of nail art, but I never even attempt it because I don't have the patience, and also because nail polish never lasts on me for very long (I wash my hands a zillion times a day at work), and I'd hate to waste that much effort. So, I'm really excited to try these! They just stick on like stickers, and remove with nail polish remover. Cool.

This box of 16 retails for $9.99 and also comes with a little file included.

This is the ChapStick Lip SHIELD 365. This is a year round product meant to protect your lips from the sun, wind, and cold. At first I thought I wouldn't really use this. I am a lip balm junkie and I have certain brands and types I stick to. But then I saw that this has SPF 50+, which is pretty much unheard of in a lip balm! While this will not be in my daily rotation, it will be great for anytime I spend a lot of time in the sun, or even in the winter. I do love to spend time outside, and living in Indiana, we get some pretty extreme weather, so I am glad to have this. 

It retails for around $2.

I already know and love Aveeno products, so this travel sized body wash was very welcome in my box! It smells great and is good for my sensitive skin. I love that Aveeno products are hypoallergenic and I find them very moisturizing.

The full size of this retails for around $7, so this 2 oz bottle is worth about $1.15.

This is a Soyjoy bar in Strawberry! It's all natural and full of good things. I already ate this for breakfast, and it was tasty and full of strawberries.

A bar retails for about $1.

The biggest and most exciting item in the box is this full sized Fine Fragrance Mist from Bath & Body Works! I love BBW, and had been wanting to try the new fine mists. I received Twilight Woods, which is a scent I do like!
This is a full sized product and it costs $14.

And finally, a sheercover duo concealer. I don't currently use a concealer, so this is something I am willing to try out! The light seems to be a decent match for my skin, and it feels nice and smooth and silky. I don't wear face makeup very often, as I hate the feeling of suffocating skin, so even if I don't like this on my face, I will use concealer around my eye area as a shadow base.

This isn't sold separately, but in a set with other items, so I estimate its worth at about $5.

In all, this is a pretty awesome box to get! It was completely free, and it has a worth of about $40.63. Everything in it is from a reputable brand, and everything but the body wash is full sized. And I will actually use every single item in here. I'm really impressed with Influenster! I can't wait to try more boxes in the future. If you haven't yet, you should definitely sign up.


4 comments:

Angela Scooler said...

Trying not to hate you! Awesome box. I just recently signed up so hopefully I will get picked soon

yousoldtheworld said...

I waited for months to finally get picked for one!

Eugenia said...

I actually like everything in this box! Lucky!

yousoldtheworld said...

I do, too. I like that it's all practical, readily available things that I will use. Plus free doesn't hurt :)