Monday, April 9, 2012

Sircle Samples

I recently learned of a brand new sample site called Sircle Samples.  It seems to be mostly focused on beauty samples like many others, but this one is quite different - it's free!  Basically, you earn points by completing surveys and doing other activities (it is still very new and in beta testing, so I'm sure more ways to earn points are on the way) and you are awarded points for these activities.

Then, you use your points to buy samples.  Different samples pop up throughout the day, and I've seen everything from eyeshadow to lipgloss to makeup brushes and a headband.  Currently, each company is only offering a few samples at a time, so you do want to check back sporadically throughout the day to try to catch a good one! So far, I've scored three samples, and two of them arrived today!

RAW Color Makeup Brush set. This includes a maximum coverage foundation brush, a concealer brush, and a retractable multi tasking brush.  This set seems to retail for approximately $40.
 
I have never had a maximum coverage foundation brush, and this one looks nice.  It is soft, and the brush seems to be of a good quality, and well made.  The concealer brush is nice, as well.  The retractable brush will be handy - it's soft and it is about the size of a lipstick when rolled down and capped.  It will be great to keep in my bag for powder or blush touchups.

I recently lost my entire brush collection, so these will be very useful for me.  They are very decent brushes, and I got them for free. Can't complain about that!

The other sample I've received from them is an L Erickson Sassy Bow headband.  I work in healthcare, so I keep my hair tied back most of the time. I like headbands to liven things up and to keep my flyaways  at bay.  L Erickson headbands seem to retail pretty consistently at $24. This one is really cute! It's a chocolate brown color, and the fabric is very nice - silky smooth satin.
The bow isn't too big or garish in person. I love this little headband!


So far, I have only good things to say about Sircle Samples!  If you want to earn samples, go ahead and sign up by clicking here.   That is my referral link - using it will both get me bonus points and link us as friends. Keep in mind that they are brand new and beta testing, so the site is very glitchy...but if you're patient, you can get some awesome things.

7 comments:

Emer said...

I signed up and was so excited to start trying samples and then I realised they only ship inside America,very disappointing :(

xxx

yousoldtheworld said...

Aww :(  Maybe they'll start to offer them internationally once the service is fully launched?

Part of it might be because each company that offers samples ships them to the consumer themselves, they aren't sent out directly by Sircle Samples.  I hope in the future they offer international samples so you can participate!

Ashley said...

Id heard about this but hadn't had a chance to check it out yet good to know it's actually legit! 

yousoldtheworld said...

Yep, I wasn't expecting much but I was excited to get them! I can't wait to see how the site progresses.

Xlinds15x said...

Just 'ordered' the makeup brushes from Sircle Samples. I was wondering how you thought about them now that you've had them for a few weeks? I'm super excited to try them out!

yousoldtheworld said...

I still really like them! The foundation brush is my favorite - I don't use it as often, because I just don't wear foundation daily (no point in wearing it to work for me), but the quality is great.  I keep the retractable one in my bag and use it often if I want to put on a little blush or translucent powder.  I've only used the concealer one a few times because, as I said, I just don't wear concealer/foundation to work, only when I go out otherwise, but it works well.

Definitely a really great freebie! :)

mattabellax3 said...

I just did a post about SS as well. Haven't cashed in yet, but I'm very excited to try it all out. That headband is super cute and that brush set seems like a steal!!

Mattabellablogs.blogspot.com