Monday, April 30, 2012

Sindulge - April bag

I received my second Sindulge bag today, and I have to say it was better than last month's.  If you haven't heard of Sindulge, they are another monthly subscription program sending out 4-5 beauty samples per month.  They differ from the other services in that they offer a one on one consultation with them each month.  Awesome concept, but the execution has been shaky so far.

I got four items for April, and two are full sized.  The brands seem to be Sindulge's favorite, but I actually liked the brands last month and I don't mind having more of them.

I have to give it to them that once they actually SHIPPED this month, it came quickly.  Shipping seems to be one of the areas they need to work on, as some got their boxes quickly after their consultation, and some waited up to a month.  

The welcome note this time comes with a bonus discount code for pixi products.  I actually like the pixi products I've tried so far, so I might actually consider using this.

I still like their box/bag...it's basically a cross between a box and a purse. Cute.

This is the Youngblood Eye Impact Quick Recovery Eye Cream.  I looked this up and it is an anti-aging, hydrating, illuminating cream that is meant to reduce signs of fatigue around the eyes.  It's supposed to help reduce dark circles and puffiness as well as fine lines. 

I've just tried this after removing my makeup and it smells like grapefruit and feels nice and cooling!  It feels really good going on.  I can't wait to see if it helps my dark circles.

This eye light by Skone Cosmetics is really pretty and shiny. However, it was also all over everything.  Easy enough to clean off.  I do like the color.

After looking at the company, I'm quite excited to try this!  Skone cosmetics describes themselves as "healthy makeup for smart women".  They promise natural ingredients and high performance.  Here's what they say about the Eye Lights:

Loaded with vibrant pigment, this super shimmering and sparkling eye shadow dust creates intense color and highlights the eyes. It’s versatile and can be used in many ways. You can use as an all over face and body highlighter or wet as a sparkling eyeliner.



I love the idea of using this as a liner...the bronze gold color I got would be gorgeous for that. Definitely trying that out tomorrow.  I finally got a chance to check this out a little closer and it's gorgeously pigmented and shimmery.  Very cool product.

I was excited to get a full sized eyeshadow.  This pixi Fairy Light solo is in Champagne Glow. It promises to reflect the light and draw attention to the eyes.  It's a pretty color, I'll use it.  This has a value of $14.

I used this today as a highlighter on my browbone and it worked great!

And finally, a pixi nail colour.  I'm not a huge nail polish person, but it's nice to get another full sized item.  The shimmery brown isn't really ME (and I find it odd that I got it because I did tell them that I like BRIGHT colors, and I know others got the polish in colors), but it's a pretty shade. I'll try it out. This has a value of $12.

As I've said before, I think Sindulge has an awesome concept.  This bag was decent for me, and the value is good. However, this will be my last Sindulge bag for a while.  I just think the company has a lot of kinks to work out for now.  Shipping times and product range definitely need help, and while the consultation is awesome, it doesn't do much good if they don't have enough different products to truly personalize their bags.  I would definitely consider resubscribing once they get some of those sorted out.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Id been holding off on signing up for this one because of the shipping issues and I'm not all that into the consultation part of it either but looks like you got some good stuff!

Whatrebeccasaid said...

Never heard of this before, but it looks great! You got some really great products.  I didn't know there were so many things like glossybox etc! :)
whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.co.uk x

Krystal Caracol said...

WOW amazing products! I want to try that YB eye one, I LOVE eye products!! :) oxoxo

Angela Scooler said...

The pixi polish looks pretty. I liked my second bag too but I just don't have the patience to deal w/ them.

yousoldtheworld said...

I really hope they get their act together, because they could be awesome.  I did my consult by email and I'm glad they offered that as an option.

yousoldtheworld said...

They're very new, March was their first box.  It's definitely a cool concept, I just hope they get their act together when it comes to shipping and service!

yousoldtheworld said...

I really love the eye cream!  It's got menthol in it, so it's super cooling, great for me as I don't ever sleep enough, it felt great on my sleepy eyes this morning.

yousoldtheworld said...

I think it'd be a great color for fall, so I might put it aside til then (if I don't trade it or something).

It's really too bad their service and organization has been so bad, because the concept could be often and the products sent out so far are truly nice.

Ashley Brooke said...

i've never heard of this company before- thanks for the review! New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)