Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Birchbox - Teen Vogue edition

I realized yesterday I hadn't posted this month's Birchbox yet.  It arrived a couple of weeks ago, but I've been busy!  This is probably my favorite Birchbox to date.

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription.  It delivers 4-5 deluxe sized samples of high end beauty products.  While there are other subs like this out there, Birchbox remains my favorite, as the brands received are truly high end, and you always receive a variety.  Also, their customer service is top notch, and they have a great points system to help you earn free products/discounts.  If this interests you, you can sign up using my referral link, here.

This month, I chose the box Birchbox put together with Teen Vogue - despite not being a teen, I still love all things colorful and shiny, and it sounded like fun.  I'm glad I did!  This is a great box.

It came in it's usual cute box, but with a pink Teen Vogue wrapper.

It arrived with the usual card with a greeting, listing the contents.

I love that there's always a little package wrapped up like a present!

The first product I noticed was a full sized Tarte matte lip tint.  Love this! It's bubblegum pink and looks great with my pale skin.  It was damaged in transit, and their great customer service made it right for me right away.  This is the full sized product and it retails for $24.

I love getting perfume samples, and this one is nice.  Twirl by Kate Spade.  It's a pretty floral, and I probably wouldn't buy it, but I'm glad to get a chance to try it out.  The full size retails for $80.

The Kerastase Elixer Ultime was also brand new to me, and I have fallen in love with it!  It sinks into my hair and leaves it silky and shiny, without looking greasy. This is a good sized sample, and the full size retails for $54.

One of my favorite things was the coral colored Twistband. I LOVE these!  Hair ties basically made of pretty elastic ribbon, they hold my hair without being too tight, breaking or snagging or denting my hair.  I've been using this one daily.  A 12 pack costs $18.

I also got a full sized essie nail polish in As Gold As It Gets.  It's so pretty and sparkly!  I don't paint my nails often, but I love this color, and I've heard great things about essie.  It retails for $8.


All in all, this is an amazing Birchbox!  Two full sized products, and I will use everything in it. There was also a $10 for Modcloth, which will come in handy because I need some fun spring dresses. Yay!


So, yeah.  To me, Birchbox remains the gold standard among beauty subscription boxes.  Give it a shot if you haven't yet!

1 comment:

tightsandtea said...

I received the same box as you :) I loved the twistbands too! I actually went ahead and ordered some with the points I got for my broken lipsurgence.